I’ve learned over the last five months of being pregnant that once I get an idea of what I want to eat, it isn’t going away. Today, someone at work said, “A warm chocolate chip cookie sounds really good right now.” Guess what? I happen to believe that a warm chocolate chip cookie sounds good anytime. So…the thought was stuck in my head and I stopped by the grocery store on my way home from work to grab the missing ingredients. This is my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. On the next cloudy day, make these and sit on the couch to watch your favorite movie. You won’t regret it (until you get on the scale the next morning).
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1/4 cup shortening (butter flavored is best), softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5 ounce package) chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside. In another bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, shortening, and vanilla extract until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by slightly rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned (I like mine to be slightly undercooked). Cook on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks or foil sheet to cool completely.