I love eating at the Chinese or Japanese restaurants in mall food courts. I also love that they are usually the exact same foods at each place…I just choose the one with the shortest line. This recipe was inspired by a craving for some of that mall food. My guess that it is much healthier when cooked at home, which is always a bonus.
Thai Stir-Fry (Serves 4)
You will need:
- 2 chicken breasts, thawed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Whole Red Onion, Sliced into thin strips
- 2 Whole Red Peppers, Sliced into thin strips
- 1 Cup Pineapple Chunks, Fresh or Canned
- 1/2 Cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 Bunch Lo Mein Noodles
- Cook Lo mein noodles according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat in skillet or wok.
- Add the chicken to hot olive oil and cook until no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet or wok and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the skillet or wok.
- Stir-fry onion and red pepper slices for 2-4 minutes, stirring constantly so they don’t burn.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add pineapple chunks and Thai Sweet Chili Sauce.
- Stir for 2 minutes before adding the grilled chicken and Lo mein noodles. Stir to coat with sauce.
- Remove from heat and serve.