In honor of National Cheesecake Day, I made these Marble Cheesecake Bars. Not that I really need an excuse to bake. Making an entire cheesecake just sounded like too much work, so this easy version satisfied the cheesecake craving in just a portion of the time.
Marble Cheesecake Bars
You will need:
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons strong coffee
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips or bar
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Combine cake mix, 1/3 cup butter and egg in a medium sized bowl. Beat on medium speed until well blended.
- Press the cake mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 pan.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add the powered sugar and combine.
- Blend in the 2 eggs, vanilla, and coffee.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cake mixture and even out with a spatula.
- In a small, microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips or bar.
- Drop small spoonfuls over the cream cheese mixture. Drag a butter knife through the drops to create the marble effect.
- Bake on center rack for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.