This simple dessert is the cure for plain vanilla ice cream. Unless, of course, you happen to like plain vanilla ice cream. Then, it just makes your ice cream irresistible. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make a crumb cake that will please a crowd. This recipe calls for a can of crushed pineapple, but I only had fresh pineapple at home, so feel free to substitute if needed.
You will need:
- 1 box Jiffy Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 Cans Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 Can Crushed Pineapple
- 1 Stick Butter
- Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease a 13×9 pan.
- Pour the cherry pie filling directly into the prepared pan.
- Add the pineapple and stir together with the cherries.
- Even the filling out over the pan.
- Dump the cake mix on top of the filing and spread evenly.
- Cut the butter into small slices and lay it out evenly over the cake mix.
- Bake at 350° on center rack for 30-40 minutes or until the cake mix starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.