Finding quick dinner ideas (that I will eat) is sometimes difficult. I have gotten pretty good at creating meals on short notice…mostly because I am a finicky eater and change my mind about food frequently. I’m not even sure how this dish was discovered, but it has definitely been added to Velez Family Menu. We discovered Naan on a trip to an Indian restaurant with LaurenO. Naan is traditional Indian flat-bread. I didn’t think I would like Indian food, but I am now hooked on Chicken Tika Masala. Yum! After finding Naan in the grocery deli section at Reasor’s, I soon started finding other uses for it. That’s how Naan Pizza was introduced into our weeknight selection of meals. The great thing about this recipe is that you can add your favorite toppings. Don’t like olives? Leave them off. Want extra pineapple? Go for it! You can be as creative or dull as your heart desires…all in a matter of about 30 minutes, start to finish.
You will need:
- Naan (one piece for each person)
- Olive Oil
- Toppings (Suggestions: Pizza Sauce, Cheese, Tomatoes, Basil, etc.)
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Place Naan on cookie sheet and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Add toppings.
- Place on center rack and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes before cutting and serving.